- 10 Things To Do When Launching A Site
- Using PHP to connect to SFTP
- Asynchronous Virtual Pageviews with Google Analytics
- 5 Advanced Text Editing Keyboard Shortcuts
- Get the headers of a HTTP request with PHP
- How-to: Create PDF preview images in PHP – Part 2
- How-to: Create PDF preview images in PHP
- Quick Code: Get the domain name in JS
- Things to think about when designing a logo
ImageXY - Mac OS X Batch Photo Resizer
Quickly and painlessly bulk resize images, change image formats and create web-friendly photos for your website.
Available on the Mac App Store!
Integrating FCKEditor to save current content with AJAX using PHP
This is a short post which basically looks at an issue I had whilst developing my own content management system in PHP. The system uses FCKEditor as a basis in which for users to edit content with. The problem stemmed from me wanting an auto save feature that saved what was currently within the FCKEditor window. As I wanted the auto save to work on a timed basis as well it working without reloading the page i used AJAX ito help with this. The key line for getting the current content from the FCKEditor into a variable that could then be stored within a database was:-
var VariableName = escape(FCKeditorAPI.GetInstance('FCKEditorFieldName').GetXHTML());
Basically you just need to change the ‘FCKEditorFieldName’ to what you have FCKEditor already set to yet this then pulled the data so that i execute it later within the AJAX script.