- 10 Things To Do When Launching A Site
- Using PHP to connect to SFTP
- Asynchronous Virtual Pageviews with Google Analytics
- 5 Advanced Text Editing Keyboard Shortcuts
- Get the headers of a HTTP request with PHP
- How-to: Create PDF preview images in PHP – Part 2
- How-to: Create PDF preview images in PHP
- Quick Code: Get the domain name in JS
- Things to think about when designing a logo
ImageXY - Mac OS X Batch Photo Resizer
Quickly and painlessly bulk resize images, change image formats and create web-friendly photos for your website.
Available on the Mac App Store!
5 Advanced Text Editing Keyboard Shortcuts
If you spend most of your day inside a text editor/word processor, or if you’re just a power user, you will know a lot of the basic keyboard shortcuts. They speed up those recuring tasks like saving, copy/cut/paste, opening/closing files etc. But did you know there are some incredibly powerful shortcut keys just for text editing?
Here’s a list of 5 advanced text editing keyboard shortcuts that will speed up your work flow and make you wonder how you lived without them.
Jump to next/previous word
Windows: Ctrl + left/right arrow.
Mac: Option key + left/right arrow.
Jump to top/bottom of document
Windows: Ctrl + home/end.
Mac: Command + up/down arrow.
Go to end/start of current line
Mac: Command + left/right arrow.
Select characters one at a time
Windows: Shift + left/right arrow.
Mac: Shift + left/right arrow.
Select next/previous word
Windows: Shift + Ctrl + left/right arrow.
Mac: Shift + Option + left/right arrow.
Bonus: Jump to end of next line
Mac: Option + up/down
I hope you enjoy your new found advanced text editing skills and feel free to leave any more you may have in the comments.